Important COVID-19 Message:
Due to the current situation we have instituted important changes to our clinic to increase safety of our patients & staff:
- We have the option of selected few Private Visits which allows the patient to be alone in the whole clinic with the doctor & his assistant. No other patients would be scheduled at the same time. (Please inquire specifically for this option)
- All of our regular visits are spaced out and we try our best to avoid having more than one customer in the same room or area at the same time.
- We offer telemedicine & virtual visits for consultations. We also offer same day consultation and procedure.
In addition we have implemented the following extra precautions beyond the CDC requirements for all visits:
- The staff and the doctor wear mask and protective equipment at all times.
- We ask our customers to wear a mask when in the clinic at all times.
- We have implemented extra hand washing and room cleaning.
- We ask our customers that arrive early to call our office and wait in the car.
- Any patient with recent symptoms of fever or recent contact with someone with symptoms are not allowed in the room.
- The doctor wears a double mask, including a face shield & N-95 high filter mask during procedures in addition to additional body gown.
We understand that many of our patients may be experiencing discomfort and pain that require procedures without delay. Also, we understand that delay can lead to further pain, complications & possible decreased quality of life if delayed even by few weeks. A prompt procedure can avoid these issues.
Safe, Non-Invasive & Effective Acoustic Wave Therapy for Musculoskeletal Pain in Beverly Hills
Safe Non Surgical Option*
Avoid surgery in many cases.
Surgery can be expensive dangerous or debilitating with temporary results & long recovery time.
Stimulates the body's own healing ability*
Helps new blood vessels grow from older blood vessels in a process called angiogenesis.*
No down time.
Return to work the same day.
A Natural Treatment, Not just pain control*
Avoid Invasive Surgery & Injections
The shockwave therapy has been proving its high efficacy in the treatment of certain orthopedic conditions in daily practice for about 10 years in Europe and for several years worldwide. For the standard indications (Frozen shoulder, heel spurs and tennis elbow) ESWT is scientifically proven successful. Depending on the clinical picture, very effective results could be achieved between 50% to 85%.*
These successes rates are particularly remarkable because the ESWT was only used when all other treatment options were completely exhausted and surgery was considered as the only option.*
What are the benefits of shockwave?
This therapy works without the use of drugs; it stimulates the body’s natural self-healing process.
There is usually an immediate reduction of pain and improved ease of movement. There are also
secondary, long-term benefits with respect to decreased pain and increased range of motion.
Shockwave may also eliminate your need for surgery.
Call Now for more Information or a Consultation
*Claims are based on ongoing research. Please note that results may vary based on a patient’s medical conditions & age and may require a few months & repeated treatments to obtain. A consultation with our trained Board Certified physician is scheduled before starting your treatments to confirm the procedure would be appropriate for you.
- Tendinopathies of the rotator cuff without calcifications
- ulnar epicondylopathies (“golfer arm”)
- Adductor syndrome
- Pes anserinus syndrome
- Peroneal tendon syndrome
- Shin splints
- Tendinopathy of the tibialis anterior tendon
- Tendinopathy of the tibialis posterior tendon
- Tendinopathy of the flexor hallucis longus tendon
- myofascial syndrome
- Injury without continuity interruption
- Bone marrow edema of different origin
- Osgood Schlatter’s disease
- early stages of osteochondritis dissecans (OD) before completion of growth
- delayed and non-healing fractures (pseudarthrosis)
- Fatigue fractures, stress fractures
- Early stages of avascular bone necrosis
- Early stages of osteochondritis dissecans (OD) after completion of growth
- Ischemic heart muscle (extracorporeal / endocorporeal)
- Peripheral and central nerve lesions
- Pathologies of the spinal cord and brain
- Calcinosis of the skin
- Pathologies of the jaw and periodontium
- Spasticity of different origin
- Early stages of osteoarthritis
- Polyneuropathy of different origin
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
- Early stages of Dupuytren’s contracture
- Morbus Ledderhose
- Tendovaginitis stenosans de Quervain
- Trigger finger
- For radial technique and focused low energy technique (focused and defocused):
- Pregnancy (relative contraindication)
- malignant tumor in focus (not the tumor itself)
- For focused high energy sources, the followingcontraindicationsapply :
- Brain tissue / CNS in focus
- Vertebral body, skull bones and ribs
- Focus on lung tissue
- malignant tumor in focus (not the tumor itself)
- Focus on open growth joints (not childhood itself)
- significant clotting disorder
- Pregnancy (relative contraindication)
What are Shockwaves?
Everywhere in everyday life we encounter shock waves. The sonic boom of an airplane as well as a Sylvesterknaller. From a physical point of view shockwaves are nothing more than very short sound pulses of very high energy. Their use in medicine is not new. Already since the beginning of the 80s, urology has used shockwaves to break kidney stones with great success.
At the end of the 80s first experiences in the orthopedic field were collected. It was found that non-healing fractures could be cured faster by shock wave treatment. The shock waves stimulated the bone-forming cells; For the first time, the bony constructions of fractures without surgery could be decisively promoted.
Since the shock waves act on the outside of the body, the therapy with shock waves since then as “extracorporeal shockwave therapy” (short: ESWT) referred.
What are Shockwaves
A new Advanced Technology widely accepted and proven in Europe for many years is now available in America.
New Blood Vessel Formation*
Blood flow is necessary to start and maintain the repair processes of damaged tissue structure. The application of acoustic waves creates capillary microruptures in tendon and bone. Due to microruptures the expression of growth factors such as eNOS, VEGF, PCNS and BMP is significantly increased.
As a result of these processes arterioles are remodeled, stimulated to grow and new ones are formed. The new blood vessels improve blood supply and oxygenation of the treated area and support faster healing of both the tendon and the bone.
Dissolution of Calcified Fibroblasts*
Calcium build-up is most often a result of micro-tears or other trauma to a tendon. Acoustic waves break up the existing calcifications. Shockwave therapy starts the biochemical decalcification of the calcium build-up of a toothpaste-like consistency and treats the tendon. The granular particles of calcium are then removed by the lymphatic system
Reversal of Chronic Inflammation*
Chronic inflammation can damage healthy tissue and results in chronic pain. Mast cells are one of the key components of the inflammatory process. Their activity may be increased by using pervasive acoustic waves.
Mast cell activation is followed by the production of chemokines and cytokines. These pro-inflammatory compounds first enhance the inflammatory process and in the next step help restore normal healing and regenerative processes.
Dispersion of Pain Mediator
Substance P is a neurotransmitter that mediates pain information through C-fibers. This neuropeptide is generally associated with intense, persistent and chronic pain. It relays pain messages to the central nervous system. Lowering the concentration of Substance P reduces the stimulation of afferent nociceptive fibers and thus reduces the pain. Decreasing Substance P, histamines and other nociceptive metabolites also helps inhibit development of inflammatory oedema. Acoustic waves generated by Shockwave therapy lower the Substance P concentration and trigger pain relief.
Stimulation of Collagen Production*
The production of a sufficient amount of collagen is a necessary precondition for the repair processes of the damaged myoskeletal and ligamentous structures. Shockwave therapy accelerates procollagen synthesis. The therapy forces the newly created collagen fibers into a longitudinal structure which makes the newly formed tendon fibers more dense and stiff and creates a firmer structure.
Shockwave treatment is usually done after accurately locating the diseased area by exam by a professional or ultrasound or x-ray. The transducer of the shockwave device is set exactly to the affected area and the area “shot” with shock waves. Depending on the device type, about 1500 to 2000 shock waves are emitted.
In general, up to three treatments are required. Only in rare cases will there be a fourth or fifth session. For lower energy treatments, example at the elbow or heel, local anesthesia is not necessary and not useful. Only when high energy shock wave treatment is required should a local anesthetic be applied. This is usually the case with calcifications on the shoulder.
Shock Wave Therapy: Cost & Side Effects
Most important to the patient, shockwave therapy provides him with a virtually risk-free, painless, and successful therapy for treating common orthopedic conditions.
In rare cases, local bruising or short-term exacerbation of pain has been reported, but other complications have not been previously reported.