Important COVID-19 Message:
Due to the current situation we have instituted important changes to our clinic to increase safety of our patients & staff:
- We have the option of selected few Private Visits which allows the patient to be alone in the whole clinic with the doctor & his assistant. No other patients would be scheduled at the same time. (Please inquire specifically for this option)
- All of our regular visits are spaced out and we try our best to avoid having more than one customer in the same room or area at the same time.
- We offer telemedicine & virtual visits for consultations. We also offer same day consultation and procedure.
In addition we have implemented the following extra precautions beyond the CDC requirements for all visits:
- The staff and the doctor wear mask and protective equipment at all times.
- We ask our customers to wear a mask when in the clinic at all times.
- We have implemented extra hand washing and room cleaning.
- We ask our customers that arrive early to call our office and wait in the car.
- Any patient with recent symptoms of fever or recent contact with someone with symptoms are not allowed in the room.
- The doctor wears a double mask, including a face shield & N-95 high filter mask during procedures in addition to additional body gown.
We understand that many of our patients may be experiencing discomfort and pain that require procedures without delay. Also, we understand that delay can lead to further pain, complications & possible decreased quality of life if delayed even by few weeks. A prompt procedure can avoid these issues.
Shockwave therapy is a modern treatment for erectile dysfunction that, for many, yields far better results than traditional pills. With 50% of men between the ages of 40 and 70 experiencing ED, this treatment is more needed now than ever before. What is extracorporeal shockwave therapy and why are the results so remarkable?
The Basics of Shockwave Therapy
This unique therapeutic method utilizes acoustic waves created by a high-tech device. This energy will stimulate your tissues and encourage rejuvenation and ED correction. Many different types of tissues can be positively affected by extracorporeal shockwave therapy, including tendons, soft tissues and other parts of the body. Our professional machines are medical grade and only operated by our trained and experienced professionals. You can feel good about receiving your therapeutic treatment in our Los Angeles’ office.
The Downside of Little Blue Pills
While pills do work for some men with ED, there are countless individuals who experience side effects or less-than-desirable outcomes. Pills are very expensive, they can actually interfere with other medical treatments, or may not even help at all! Above all else, pills do not change the pathophysiology that underlines ED.
Shockwave therapy does not aim to put a Band-Aid on the problem but to instead fix the underlying issue so that ED is no longer a problem. Preliminary studies have shown that extracorporeal therapeutic treatments can rejuvenate and restore the health of penile tissue, so the core issue is solved. While this therapy is still not FDA approved for specifically treating ED, it has been safely and successfully used to treat a myriad of other conditions, and clinical trials are currently taking place to confirm efficacy. Based on our experience, shockwave treatment is 70-80% effective and have helped patients even after pills have failed.
The Data Indicates Shockwave Therapy Can Be More Effective
In 2017, a comprehensive review of 9 studies was published in Urology. The conclusion was that extracorporeal shockwave therapy improved both the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) and the Erection Hardness Score (EHS). Treatment was found to last for 2 – 3 years, which is significantly longer than any pill. Shockwave therapy was found to be effective in both men who responded to pills and traditional treatments and men who were not responsive to those treatments.
Learn More from Dr. Padra Gad Nourparvar
To learn more about our natural and innovative solutions to ED, pain treatment and men’s health in Los Angeles, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Give us a call today at (213) 797-0902 to learn more.
The claims made in this blog are based on ongoing research. Results may vary based on individual patient medical conditions and age. A consultation with our Board Certified, trained physician will be scheduled before any treatments to ensure your eligibility.